In April 2018, Sarakki Associates Inc. (SAI) was awarded the prestigious 10 million IDIQ Prime contract. This contract was based on nationwide full and open competition.
The objective of the project is to provide Border Traffic Consulting Services for Ports of Entry planning and sizing along US-Mexico border (up to 57 ports of entry) and US-Canada border (up to 110 ports of entry). As the Prime Contractor, the role of SAI includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Inbound and outbound traffic flow analysis (pedestrians, buses, automobiles, trains, trucks, and special carriers) of US-Mexico and US-Canadian Ports of Entry (POE) through Macro and Micro simulation modeling.
- Perform queuing analysis and custom algorithm development for port specific simulation
- Develop micro simulation software specific to land ports of entry.
- Coordination and consensus building with Government of Mexico, Canada, and United States Department of Homeland Security.
- Determine sizing of inspection (Primary, secondary, Non-Intrusive Inspection (NII) facilities, and related inspection facilities needed to meet the anticipated growth of crossings through the horizon year of 2035.
- Perform sensitivity and trend analysis for the base year and the horizon years.